Sri Govindraja Temple
Sri Govindraja Temple
This temple is located at a 1-kilometer distance from Tirupati railway station and 22 kilometers from Tirumala Balaji temple. This temple was built in the 12th century AD and it was been constructed in the year 1130 AD by Saint Ramanujacharya. and this temple is one the most famous temple in Tirupati located in the heart of the city. The Brahmotsavam of Govindaraja Swamy attracts a huge number of devotees in the month of May to June and the annual float festival is held from February to March. Before consecrating Govindarajan Swamy as presiding deity, Sri Parthasarathy Swamy was the presiding deity of the temple. the temple came into great importance in 1506 AD.
There are many festivals celebrated in this temple, Float festival, Godaparinayam, Radha Saptami, Vaisakha Festival (Annual Brahmotsavam), Sri Salai Nachiyar Panguni Uttiram Festival, Adhyanotsavam, Neeratotsavam, Pavitrosavam, Buggotsavam, and Pushpavanam are the festivals celebrated at Govindaraja Temple. Pournami Garudaseva is also conducted on the Pournami day of every month. and besides this, each Alwar saathumurai and Thirunnakhsatrams are conducted for 10 days in each Alwar temple.
Darshan timing at Sri Govindaraja temple
5:30 Am to 6:30 Am and 9:45 Am to 12:30 Am in the morning.
Archana Anantara Darshan 8:00 Am to 8:45 Am.
1:30 Pm to 4:45 Pm Afternoon.
6:00 Pm to 8:30 Pm Evening.
Sri Govindaraja Swamy Temple Prasadam
1. Every day Between 5 Am to 9:30 Am, (Suprabhatham -Archanathara Darshanam)
2. Free Anna Prasadam is provided from 5 am to 9:30 pm.
3. Free Laddu is also given to the devotees free of cost.
No tickets are required for
1. Children below 12 years old.
2. Old age people, not senior citizens.
3. Physically challenged devotees.
Seva timing and Ticket cost
1. Suprabatham Seva Timing is 5:00 am to 5:30 am, and it cost Rs 10 per head
2. Vishwa Roopa Sarva Darshanam Timing is 5:30 to 6:30 and it is free of cost
3. Thomala Seva Timing 6:30 am to 7:30 am, It cost Rs 7 per head.
4. Archana Timing 7:30 am to 8:00 am, it cost Rs 10.
5. Archanathara Darshanam Timing 8:00 am to 8:45 am, and it cost Rs 10 per head.
6. Frist Bell – Suddhi, Naivedyam – Sathamura Timing 8:45 am to 9:30 am.
7. Sarvadarshanam Timing 9:30 am to 12:30 pm, cost, Free, Rs 5, Rs 20. you can go in your comfort.
8. Ekantham – Midday bell, Suddhi, Naivedyam Timing 12:30 to 1:15.
9. Sarvadarshanam timing 1:15 to 4:45, Cost-free, Rs 5, Rs 20.
10. Ekantham – Thomala (will remove Morning Thomala flowers and fresh mala.
11. Sarvadarshanam Timing 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm, the cost for the Seva free, Rs 5, Rs 20.
12. Suddhi, Ekantha Seva Timing 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm, cost Rs 10 per head.
13. By 9:30 temple will be closed.